Monday, February 27, 2012

What a strange life

Let me preface this post by saying, I am a New England Girl. Though i was really raised on a secluded mountain top in the Finger Lakes Region of upstate New York...I spent most of my life in suburban CT. Then I decided I was a city girl...so I moved to the mother of all cities, The Big Apple....and HATED it. So back to CT...Hartford for me and I began my career in theater production.

How the hell did I end up in West By God Virginia? Don't misunderstand, I love it here...I just find my path interesting and obscure.




After being swept off my feet by Sethro to rural (and I mean rural) Rock Camp, and a little bit of convincing, I fell in love with this place and this lifestyle.

Our lives are perfect. Oh we have our day to day troubles, bills, bickering, dirty dishes, the works....but we also have acres upon acres of beautiful fields and forests. Our farmhouse is humble (and yes there are cluster flies, not this time of the year though). It needs a lot of work....we have holes in our floors and walls,and a back door that really needs repair. But we're fixing it up in leaps and bounds. And it's comfortable. Maybe it's primitive, but It is definitely
home. (I'll write a full post about the farmhouse and landscape later).
Our jobs are incredible. What could be more fun, fulfilling and perfect for Seth and I, than touring a spectacle art show with our favorite musicians at our favorite events and venues?!?! And although throwing the festivals is A LOT of work, it's also a kind of rewarding I've never gotten from anything else.
We're living the dream. And the perfect people, who share that dream, are popping out of the wood work all of the time.
We're building a real community here, and I'm loving it.



- All roads lead to Rock Camp

Location:Rock Camp, WV

No comments:

Post a Comment