Friday, September 9, 2011

7 Walkers offer their protection...

Yesterday was a great day. After Sethro got home from school we showered and got dressed and headed to Floyd, VA. We ate a wonderful seafood dinner at the Oddfella's Cantina...a great bluegrass jam was going down on their little stage, and dinner was wonderful! We had two appetizers of oyster and chicken of the woods mushrooms sauteed in a butter garlic sauce, and muscles and clams in a tomato basil sauce. We shared their swordfish special for our entree, which included scallops, shrimp, and a shitake mushroom sweet and sour sauce.
After dinner, we headed over to The Sun Music Hall/Dogtown Roadhouse to see Billy Kreutzmann's band The 7 Walkers. Man...it was an incredible show. A great troupe of fire spinners did a performance before the show started. 7 Walkers RAGED....stole my face right off my head! We saw a bunch of our friends there, including Will and Mandy. I danced my butt off, and enjoyed the quality tunes with Sethro. Honestly...in my opinion, 7 Walkers, even with their fantastic, authentic, New Orleans flair, was the truest "incarnation" or off-shoot of the Dead, that I've seen. They were all phenomenal musicians, and clearly into what they were doing. They encored with an awesome Eyes of the World>Lovelight. It was a great time.

We handed out fliers for Pink Moon as people left. We skedaddled out of Floyd around 12:30am, (I drove) and we got home around 2am.
Seth had to get up for school this morning. I told him it was good practice for Pink Moon. He's really been doing an amazing job teaching Algebra at the local high school. I think he really likes it too! It's good to see him clearly having such an important and positive impact on the community around here...in a more main stream sense.
6 DAYS TILL PINK MOON!!! It's down to the wire here...but this thing is going down, and it's going to be incredible!!! I can't wait...I'm so excited, but I still have so much to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment