Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Very Good Day

It was a wonderful day on the mountain. After Seth got home from teaching dance at the local high school we ran some errands in Union, the town over. We picked up a pizza and wings from Queen's and arrived home to a message from the director of the Directing and Public Dialogue MFA program at Virginia Tech! Seth returned the call, and come to find out he was accepted into the program! They only take ONE candidate, so I am very proud!!
Looks like we'll be living in Blacksburg, VA next year! I'm already looking for a pet-friendly, smoker friendly place to live!
Needless to say after that Sethro was is a fantastic mood. He even had the patience to give me a few Photoshop lesson while I whipped out an EPK (electronic press kit) for a friend and client of mine. I finished a rough draft, and it came out really well if I don't say so myself!
We also spent a lot of time hashing out proposals to a few new festivals. It's a lot of work, and I've been doing a ton of writing lately, but I enjoy it...and Seth gets this glimmer in his eyes when we discuss puppets and dragons.
I also got a pretty decent guitar lesson of of Seth. He's really a phenomenal guitar player...I am not. I've got a few chords down pat, but my transitions between them are pretty awful and I can barely figure out how to strum or keep time...which is silly because I'm a trained signer and have pretty good rhythm in general. Just have to keep practicing I guess!
All in all it was a really great day. I'm incredibly proud of Seth and I'm optimistic for the future!


- All roads lead to Rock Camp

Location:Rock Camp, WV

No comments:

Post a Comment