Thursday, May 31, 2012

My Family Tree is Full of Nuts...

Today was a good, incredibly productive day. Seth sent in his grades for his high school dance class, and didn't have to head into work until noon. I spent the majority of my day online, typing up content for our new, soon-to-be-launched website, writing press releases, answering emails, and posting (professionally) on Facebook.
Seth got home from high school just as I was taking the laundry off of the line.  We cleaned up the house a bit, and I found the truck keys, and around 3pm David Slatkin, our mutual friend from Cleo, got in to the farm from his place in Charlottesville, Virginia. Slatkin is a graduate student (studying religion, specifically Buddhism) at the University of Virginia. He's made it out to our last two Pink Moon Festivals, and is on a very short list of Cleos who've been to Rock Camp. He's also dragon'd with us before, for EOTO in Charlottesville, and for Particle at Pink Moon III.
Seth gave Slatkin the new-and-improved, spring tour of the farm while I continued working into the evening. I made vegan, veggie, fried rice for dinner with red peppers, onions, broccoli, garlic and mushrooms.
Now all I've got to do is make 35 cupcakes for Seth's final dance class tomorrow morning and go to bed. I'm exhausted, but I feel generally accomplished!
Slatkin & Little Kitten, "My Family Tree is Full of Nuts!"

No comments:

Post a Comment