Friday, June 1, 2012

Our House

Today was Seth's very last day of teaching dance class at James Monroe High School. I was up until 3am baking cupcakes for his class (it takes a long time to cook 40 cupcakes with only one 6-cupcake pan...), which came out incredibly well if I don't say so myself. As a special treat he also brought n glowsticks and taught them a few poi moves.
I'm very proud of Seth...while teaching high school didn't exactly come naturally to him, he really gave the job all he had and did a really good job. Those kids may not have come out star dancers...but they learned a lot. Seth proudly showed me a few of his students final projects...and I was really, truly impressed.
After Seth got home we futzed around the house a bit, hung out with Slatkin, and then, around 2pm we headed out to Blacksburg. We looked at four houses...one in Blacksburg, one in Christiansburg, one in Merrimac, and one in Newport. We think we found the house too! A gorgeous place in Christiansburg....I hope it works out. I'm so in love with the open space kitchen/living room, the master bedroom, the LAUNDRY ROOM, well...to be honest, I'm in love with the whole house! It's perfect!
We stopped at the Cascade Cafe in Pembroke, VA on our way home. We're both exhausted from the long day (four hours of house-hunting AND Seth taught this morning!!) and we're both zoning out without iPads, not actually doing much of anything. I'm trying to muster the energy to throw together a late-night snack...but it's not looking promising!


- All roads lead to Rock Camp

Location:Rock Camp, WV

No comments:

Post a Comment