Saturday, June 2, 2012

It's Saturday!!

Today was such a lovely day. The weather was a bit cooler, and a bit more humid and grey than it's been, but Sethro built a nice fire in the fireplace and did a bunch of laundry (the dryer always warms up the house some). I've been fiddling around on the Internet....and I'm still mind-boggled by Twitter. There are way too many "hash tags" and "ats" and whatnot....it looks like another language to me. I know I'm an old lady...that fact was confirmed by our ten cats and my obsession with catching every episode of Jeopardy.
Seth spent a lot of time in the garden today, what with the sun not beating down and all. He planted the beautiful flowering vine Slatkin brought for Pinky, a bunch of the flowers and vegetables we got from Gore's (the great little greenhouse down Rt. 219 near Peterstown, WV)...and he planted me this adorable little herb garden on our front porch (I'm definitely dragging it to Christiansburg!!)

Aunt Peggy, Grandma, Isaac & Cici (Rusty's kids, 6 and 2 years old respectively) stopped by this afternoon. Isaac wanted to see the kitten he and his sister are adopting (as soon as the kittens are fully weened).
I'm looking forward to a nice quiet evening. The sun has broken through the clouds for this last hour of daylight, and the mountain is alive with the sounds of crickets, cicadas and other bugs, woodpeckers, and all different types of birds. Everything is incredibly green and wet, and the setting sun shimmers off the grass and leaves like silver.

As Seth gave me a tour around the yard, of all of his freshly planted fruits, flowers and veggies, we stopped by the little strawberry patch in the corner of our garden. We found a decent handful of strawberries, but we'd missed most of them. Seth has this great idea of creating a pretty large painted mandala of the seasons, and when everything blooms/produces/bears fruit. My grandparents have a huge saw blade painted with all four seasons, a piece of art I have always loved, and I imagine what Seth describes to be something like that saw blade, only much larger, and much more detailed than just winter, spring, summer and fall.

- All roads lead to Rock Camp

Location:Rock Camp, WV

No comments:

Post a Comment