Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day of Rest

So today started out awfully. I woke up dripping with sweat, suffocated by the heat. When I came downstairs I noticed Seth had lit a fire, despite the ninety degree weather. I think sometimes his ms messes with his temperature recognition. Anyway he was particularly grumpy, and I ended up going back upstairs to avoid him and the heat. I tried to open the window, but they're old and oddly designed and I ended up whacking myself in the eye with the window. I started bawling my eyes out immediately, damn it hurt. I busted my eyebrow open, and it's decently swollen and black and blue...and hurts. Finally I composed myself a little and went back downstairs for a cigarette and some pity. Seth did very well...fetched me some ice, put the fire out and held me till I stopped crying.
Partially to cheer me up, and partially because we'd both been craving Chinese food since last night, Seth took me to lunch at a Chinese restaurant on 219 in Lewisburg. We had a wonderful buffet lunch, then headed home. After watching the end of Goodfellas and an episode of Jeopardy, Seth went upstairs to take a nap. He's been asleep since around 5pm! I guess I'll go join him soon as it's past 11:30pm. I'm watching recorded episodes of Jeopardy and Law & Order and futzing around the internet. I kind of wish Seth would wake up and hang out with me, but then he won't be able to fall asleep again, and he'll be up all night. Oh well. Lots to do tomorrow...I want to paint the living room green in the next couple of days. We're having a work weekend this weekend, and I'm going to NYC for two days to see DMB and hang out with my Dad and his girlfriend Lynn. Busy busy with Pink Moon less than a month away!

Spot in front of the fire

No comments:

Post a Comment