Friday, August 12, 2011

Twas the night 'fore the Work Weekend...

Today was a weird day. Seth woke me up around noon (teehee) - then he left to go to the bank, send off some band deposits and run some errands. I puttered around the house cleaning up and doing some online promo. I got the kitchen clean and picked up the living room a bit. Around 2pm Kitty arrived with her two kids in tow. The helped pick  up some trash and pick up around the house and yard a bit while I finished cleaning, ate lunch and jumped back online. I've been spending countless hours in front of this carcinogenic screen lately. It's tedious, but necessary, and our Pink Moon numbers have been slowly but consistently ticking up.
Seth came home with groceries, a garbage can, and a few other goodies around 4pm. Kitty left, to return tonight or tomorrow. And Seth and I worked out some Pink Moon literature including a sponsorship write-up, facebook and jambase adds.
Seth made BLT's for dinner and we chilled out - enjoying the calm before the storm. SO MANY PEOPLE are coming tomorrow (according to le facebook). That's good though, we have tons to do.
Seth's gone off to spend some time with Joel...he's been gone for like two hours. Since he skidaddled four cool folks (from Richmond I believe) rolled up. They've set up their tent in the front yard and are lighting bottle rockets. It's freaking the dogs out, but I'm enjoying it. They seem like super cool guys.
We'll start working at 11am tomorrow. I'm going to go out to Princeton, WV early to get some supplies and materials. Paint, brushes, wood, etc. With enough man power we can really whip this place into shape.
I'm still spending a lot of time trolling the internet for cool visual/performance artists, vendors and non-profits to present at Pink Moon. I'm really looking forward to blowing this festival up and burning this mountain down in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment