Sunday, August 14, 2011

Work Weekend - Part One

Today was a wonderfully productive day...I had the hardest time getting out of bed this morning, and when I  finally did I realized there were a BUNCH of people here. Jesse (and his friend Sampson) had arrived in the night, as well as a few other additions to our little party. Seth ran down to Riffe's to get gas for lawn mowers and weed eaters. Sabrina rolled up with Boo, Seth came back, and Jesse and I left for Princeton. We went to Lowe's (I prefer Home Depot, but you work with what you've got...) and got four sheets of plywood (which they graciously cut for us!!!), seven or so gallons of variously colored paint, some brushes, some stakes, a redbull and a gatorade! The paint-mixing folks were either morons or scammers, and that's all I have to say about that.
On our way out of Lowe's I was chatting up Pink Moon with the guys who helped us load the truck. They asked if it was like FloyFest...to which I replied "It's cooler than FloydFest". I think that's true....smaller, definitely...but still, way cooler.
Jesse and I stopped at the peek-a-boo shop in Princeton (by the Mercer county Animal Shelter) to look for nipple ring ball bearings. I dropped off a bunch of fliers there for the fest.
As soon as we returned to the farm I started painting Pink Moon signage. A bunch of the girls helped me and, shit came out great!

Sabrina and Boo took off, but not before mowing the whole backyard. I set some folks out to painting the mini golf course and finished my signs.

Even more people showed up. AND THEN...the band showed up! Atoadaso, some cool cats out of Roanoke, VA - Griff, Billy, Max, and Cuba. They had some trouble on the way over with the tire on their van. But they got here, and even though I think they're just starting out, they fucking rage!!! They've already played a couple good Phish covers tonight (nobody covers Phish! cause nobody can cover Phish!) some good moe. stuff, and in general. I'm sitting on the front porch, enjoying the jam in my front yard. This is crazy...and so awesome.

We moved the old couch off of the stage to make way for the band, and dropped it ~25'  away. It's great! It's got the perfect view of the music, and it's super comfortable. We threw a tarp over it when showers hit briefly. Paired with the rug and the bonfire it's an outdoor living room.

I'd guess there are solidly 25 people chillin, and Atoadaso's been on stage for two and a half hours already. They've gone into a very cool space-y jam.  We've had kid's glowstick and fire poi-ing. Some led hula hoops would look awesome from this vantage point.
Going to go sit on the couch and watch the band.


No comments:

Post a Comment