Friday, August 12, 2011

The Meaning of Life is Martin's

Seth and I got back from Roanoke, Va maybe two hours ago. We went out because we thought that Sol was playing at Martin's (because of a Facebook miscommunication, he's actually playing Saturday). Anyway, we got some important errands done! For example, I am posting this from a new computer! It was really really necessary: the "b" on my keyboard no longer worked (so every time I needed a "b" I had to copy-paste it), my "r" key was completely missing (though the button nubbin worked most of the time, so I didn't have to copy-paste "r"), the screen only worked when it was tilted all the way back, and it was s-l-o-w-a-s-s-h-i-t! This new thingy-majigger has been such an enormous improvement...I'm nearly crying!!
Our one other splurge was a fax machine. Ours hasn't worked since Sethro dropped it in the mud in a rainstorm on the mountain. And with all the festival booking and such we truly need a fax machine. I mean there just isn't a Kinko's down the road in Rock Camp!
We stopped for dinner at Martin's (like I said, we thought Sol was playing...we were wrong). Tony was there working sound for the band that was playing. I LOVE TONY. He's my favorite. One of my favorite memories from Pink Moon II is standing with Tony and Sethro in "Bird City"  after the music stopped, watching the sun come up and smoking cigarettes. If we lived closer to Roanoke I'd volunteer/apprentice for Tony, just to learn.
We dropped off a bunch of fliers at Martin's, with Tony, with Melrod and around town. It was nice to spend an evening "on the town" even if we didn't get to see Sol & Funk Root. Dinner at Martin's was FABULOUS. The spinach dip is our favorite appetizer there, and when Seth couldn't figure out what to get I ordered fetuccini alfredo with grilled chicken for him. He loved it. Consider this my five star review for Martin's: the best music, the best food, the best people, period.
So I'm sitting on the couch, watching Monty Python's The Meaning of Life and setting up this new laptop. Sethro's eating our leftovers and has a wonderful little fire going in our fireplace. Everything's really looking up. Pink Moon stuff is barreling along. Work weekend this weekend - gonna get this farm in shape!! Atoadaso's playing Saturday night! It's gonna be GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment