Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pink Moon Festival V Spotlight: The Good Funk

The Good Funk will be performing their first Pink Moon Festival this year. The group has been together for about three years, but due to complications, the original guitarist and keys player, rhythm guitarist and lead vocalists are no longer members of the band. Currently the members include Greg on bass, Bob on drums, and Ari on guitar and vocals. 

The Good Funk plays music because they love it. Ari elaborated on his musical interest, “I play music because it’s been an outlet for me all my life. Through struggle or smiles, it’s what came out of me and helped me to be who I am. I don’t know where I’d be or if I’d even be here without music and I’m sure it’s the just the same for the other guys in my band.” 

The Good Funk has a ritual of having group hugs before performances and while performing they like being able to tell how “in sync” they are and so much so that it puts a smile on everyone’s face, “It’s beautiful to see us make that connection as a band, truly satisfied with something you’ve created together.” 

The band is looking forward to PinkMoon Festival V the most because it the biggest festival for them so far and soon following they will be performing at Fall Freequinox the following weekend with a show at the Diamondback Tavern in early October. Be sure to check out the Good Funk at the festival this year because they will indeed be nothing less of good funk!

No comments:

Post a Comment