Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pink Moon Festival V Spotlight: The Megadrives

Another Pink Moon Festival newcomer is the Megadrives. This group has been together since 2006 and they have been playing music their whole life.

The band's name came about in an interesting way, “Apparently it came to me in a dream Joe says, I don’t quite remember that, but we used to live in the same house so I could have been bleary-eyed after waking up,” explains Ryan. “It’s also a homage to old school video games which helped get me into electronic music – I used to jam out in the sound test menus with headphones on, tapping sound effect in a rhythm – the Sega Genesis has a headphone jack and volume slider, the Sega Megadrive is the Japanese name and I always thought that was way cooler sounding.” 

Currently, something the group would like to improve upon as musicians is the business side of things. They are looking forward to getting their passports renewed and traveling the world! Other than Pink Moon Festival V, the group is working on a custom set for a Jim Henson inspired rave with a Labyrinth theme. 

No comments:

Post a Comment